The first mosque and house of prayer in Singapore, built in 1820
A piece of Singapore's history
This mosque was the effort of Syed Omar bin Ali Aljunied, an Arab merchant from Palembang. His son, Syed Abdullah bin Omar Aljunied, was responsible for the 1855 rebuilding. The Aljunied family was best remembered for their charitable acts in supporting schools, hospitals and mosques, as well as sponsoring religious events. These philanthropic deeds were recognised in the naming of Omar Kampong Malacca Mosque after its founder, the naming of Aljunied Road and Syed Alwi Road (Syed Alwi was the descendant of Syed Omar)
Where to park?
3 parking locations near MOKM
1. From Merchant Sq, Go to Merchant Rd and turn left into the building
2. From Central Mall: from Merchant Rd, turn left to Magazine Rd then enter into the building
3. From Central Square: From Magazine Rd, turn left to Havelock Rd then turn left again to Solomon St, then enter the building.